JCFN ~ Month of Prayer ~ 2014
God's Default Setting 〜Returning to God's Love〜
We lift up the month of October 2014 as JCFN's month of prayer. This year, we will focus on the love of God. Using the analogy of a default setting on a computer, we often see the computer return to the "place" most intended by its maker. Using the same analogy, we can say that by God's "default setting," of walking in the will of God, returnees are sent overseas and meet Christ. Saved and brought back to God's "default setting," they are sent back to Japan, this is the plan of God.
"I have loved you," says the Lord. "But you ask, 'How have you loved us?' "Was not Esau Jacob's brother?" declares the Lord. "Yet I have loved Jacob."
God stated that He loved the Israelites, who acted rebelliously towards Him. With that same love, God loves returnees. During the month of prayer, let's draw closer to our loving God and pray for returnees and for JCFN ministries.
[Prayers for Ourselves]
"I have loved you," says the Lord. Malachi 1:2a
During the first week of our month of prayer, let's celebrate that we are brought back to God's "default setting," restored to a love relationship with God to serve as prayer warriors. Some were restored overseas, and some were restored in Japan. During this week, let's reflect upon the fact that God called your name and brought you into a relationship with Him and puts you in the place where He considers it best for you.
(1) Pray that we will daily celebrate that the Lord brought us back into a relationship with Him.
(2) Pray that we will daily discover and experience His love.
(3) Pray that we will pray with the heart of God when we intercede for others.
[Prayers for Returnees]
"Restore to me the joy of your salvation and grant me a willing spirit, to sustain me. Psalm 51:12
It saddens us to hear returnees say, "I feel like it was just a dream that I was living overseas." Yet we know what they experienced was part of God's plan of bringing them back to His "default setting." In fact, they're still on the journey of following His plan after returning to Japan. This week, let's pray for returnees so that they may remain in the love of God. Insert your returnee friends' names when you pray.
(1) Pray that returnees will daily celebrate that the Lord loves them and brought them back into a relationship with Him.
(2) Pray that they will discover and experience His love daily.
(3) Pray that they will respond to His love where they are sent.
[Prayers for Ministries Overseas]
"How beautiful are the feet of those who bring good news!" Romans 10:15b
A key role for returnees brought back to God's "default setting" is Japanese ministries overseas. This week let's pray for ministries worldwide to be strengthened. JCFN North America seeks to be a resource for ministries in North America. The equipper conference is held in December. Please pray that returnees will take to heart the conference theme and will choose to "Follow Christ on the CROSSwalk" in their spiritual journey.
(1) Pray for Japanese ministries worldwide.
(2) Pray for God to be glorified and returnees to be encouraged and respond to God's love at ec14.
(3) Pray that Japanese ministries overseas may connect returnees in Japan and network receiving returnees.
[Prayers for Ministries in Japan]
But the Lord said to Ananias, "Go! This man is my chosen instrument to proclaim my name to the Gentiles and their kings and to the people of Israel." Acts 9:15
Returnees who are restored to God's "default setting" and sent back to Japan are God's warriors. This week pray for returnee ministry in Japan. JCFN Japan will hold GRC15: Global Returnees Conference, Sept. 20-23, 2015. Returnees from around the world will continue celebrating that they returned to a love relationship with God. Please pray for the conference.
(1) Pray that God will be glorified and returnees encouraged and respond to God's love at GRC15.
(2) Pray for regional returnee ministries, that existing ministries will be encouraged and new ministries started during GRC15.
(3) Pray for more churches to receive returnees, JCFN's network with receiving churches. May churches be blessed by receiving returnees.
Thank you for joining in the circle of prayers!!
P.O. Box 17982 Irvine, CA 92623-7982
OCC Bldg, 2-1 Kanda Surugadai, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo 101-0062